Support is available during COVID-19, helping you get through this
The COVID-19 pandemic can cause stress and anxiety, not only around concerns for our health and the health of our loved ones, but also as we respond to changes put in place to reduce the spread of the virus. Isolation and restrictions may lead to emotional, financial, social and psychological stress, which can lead to increased problematic substance misuse as well as other serious impacts.
If concerned about your use of drugs or alcohol, get in touch. Lives Lived Well’s free alcohol and drug counselling and support is still available online and over the phone. Other Lives Lived Well services that we deliver are still here, providing online/phone support, including:
- headspace Southport
- Lives Lived Well Specialist Centre
- NewAccess, a free mental health program developed by Beyond Blue.
Resources on other websites
- COVID-19 impacts on drugs and alcohol in Australia, click here (Alcohol and Drug Foundation)
- COVID-19 and your Opioid Treatment Plan, click here (NUAA)
- Social isolation can impact on your mental health. For support: click here (Beyond Blue) or click here (eMHprac)
- eMHprac Fact Sheet on Mental Health During COVID-19, includes list of support services, forums and apps, click here
- Needle and syringe programs and what COVID-19 means for people from sexuality and gender diverse communities and people living with HIV, click here (ACON).
- Queensland Government’s Support Hotline for vulnerable Queenslanders in COVID-19 quarantine, click here
- Find where to access naloxone in NSW, click here (Your Room, NSW Health)
- To access naloxone in QLD, contact your local drug and alcohol health service for advice.
There are many myths about alcohol and other drugs—sometimes it’s hard to know what to believe.
To find out more about a particular drug and how it affects the body, we encourage you to read the information developed by the Alcohol and Drug Foundation.
The Alcohol and Drug Foundation also has a range of free resources for pamphlets, fact sheets and more, on drugs and drug-related topics.
For an overview of drugs in Australia visit:
For general health information, such as for an Australian health directory of nearest doctors, pharmacies, hospitals and other services, check out healthdirect.
Lives Lived Well acknowledges the peoples of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australia, respecting their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past, present and future.
Lives Lived Well celebrates diversity and is committed to providing inclusive services. Everyone has the right to live well, with dignity and respect. We offer support to all people without judgment or discrimination.