The SMART Recovery group program is guided by trained peers and professionals. Participants come to help themselves and help each other, using a variety of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and motivational tools and techniques.
- Weekly meetings of 90 minute duration
- Focused on the addictive behaviour, not the substance itself
- Evidence-based tools and techniques used
- Mutual aid: participants share practical solutions as a group
- Concentrates on recent time periods (last 7 days, next 7 days)
- Goal setting: participants set their own achievable plan for the week ahead.
Lives Lived Well recognises Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the original inhabitants of the land now known as Australia and their continuing connection to land, air and sea. We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the lands across which we work and live, and pay our respects to elders, past and present.
Lives Lived Well celebrates diversity and is committed to providing inclusive services and workplaces. Everyone has the right to live well, with dignity and respect. We offer support to all people without judgment or discrimination.