The SMART Recovery group program is guided by trained peers and professionals. Participants come to help themselves and help each other, using a variety of cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT) and motivational tools and techniques.
- Weekly meetings of 90 minute duration
- Focused on the addictive behaviour, not the substance itself
- Evidence-based tools and techniques used
- Mutual aid: participants share practical solutions as a group
- Concentrates on recent time periods (last 7 days, next 7 days)
- Goal setting: participants set their own achievable plan for the week ahead.
Lives Lived Well acknowledges the peoples of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australia, respecting their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past, present and future.
Lives Lived Well celebrates diversity and is committed to providing inclusive services. Everyone has the right to live well, with dignity and respect. We offer support to all people without judgment or discrimination.