People often need support on release…
Success on parole
CREST is our new corrective services re-entry program being offered in Far North & Central Queensland. The challenges that people face on release can cause stress and worry. However, with support, they can get their lives back on track. CREST (Community Re-Entry Services Team) works to help people plan their release, connecting them to the right community supports. Some examples might be health, housing/accommodation, employment and drug and alcohol issues.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL?
Information sessions are held weekly in the Capricornia and Lotus Glen Correctional Centres. Some people who are being released to parole may be eligible for extra support. Our CREST team will approach people to offer our support.
HOW CAN OUR TEAM HELP?
Our team helps with:
- information about alcohol or drug counselling, treatment and education
- probation and parole support
- housing and accommodation linkages
- planning for a positive future
- helping you find other supports such as childcare
- connecting to your community & culture
- identifying support networks
- linking to family and friends
- information and education about health and wellbeing
- linkages to GPs and other health providers
- making positive changes.
IS THERE A COST?
No, CREST is provided free of charge. There is no cost.
WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?
Our CREST team services Queensland’s Central Region Probation and Parole and the Far Northern Region Probation and Parole, as well as being located in the Capricornia and Lotus Glen Correctional Centres.