Making Choices celebrates diversity and warmly welcomes all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people from all cultures and countries.
Making Choices is a sustainable recovery service for adults living in the Blue Mountains and Lithgow areas. The program strengthens skills to support recovery from alcohol and drugs. Making Choices has been developed on the ideals that everybody’s recovery journey is different, everyone has the capacity to achieve recovery, recovery is a process, not a destination, and recovery is an opportunity to develop as a human being.
The service aims to offer individualised support catered to each individual’s situation and needs, and support clients to lead fulfilling lives with meaning. Making Choices is designed to work with you, not for you.
How do I know if this program is for me?
Making Choices is suited for people who have:
- Recently completed a drug and alcohol treatment program, such as:
- Residential rehabilitation
- Community-based treatment
- Drug and alcohol treatment program in a correctional facility
- In-patient withdrawal management program
- Currently on a maintenance opiate treatment program
- Actively working on my mental health for the past 3 – 6 months
- Abstinent from substances or control of use so as to not impact on my health, relationships or other priorities
- Concerned I am at risk of relapsing
- Wanting to develop skills to support quality of life and sustainable recovery.
What you can access
- Recovery Treatment Plan
- Individual support to work out what you need to sustain recovery
- Group programs to develop recovery skills
- SMART Recovery Meetings
- Supported referral to other services and therapists
- Social support – working with other services.
Want more information?
For inquiries about the program, give us a call on 1300 596 366.
Lives Lived Well acknowledges the peoples of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australia, respecting their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past, present and future.
Lives Lived Well celebrates diversity and is committed to providing inclusive services. Everyone has the right to live well, with dignity and respect. We offer support to all people without judgment or discrimination.
The images used in this website are stock images of persons used for illustrative purposes only and do not, expressely or impliedly, portray persons with drug or alcohol problems.