We help young people going through a tough time get their lives back on track…
Our friendly team at headspace Southport provide young people between 12 and 25 years with support, information and advice around:
- relationships and family issues
- school life
- alcohol or drug use
- sexual health
- medical concerns
- and mental health issues (including anxiety and depression).
Depending on your circumstances, you can access the following at headspace Southport:
- a specialist mental health assessment;
- a GP, Psychologist, Counsellor, Social Worker and/or Psychiatrist;
- goal-oriented care coordination services;
- recovery programs – group activities and individual programs focussed on increasing participation and connection with the community;
- within hours crisis support including psychiatric services.
Support for psychosis and beyond
headspace Southport continues to provide an integrated multi-disciplinary team offering support for young people and their families with mental health issues beyond psychosis. This expanded and integrated service is for young people with mild to complex mental health needs and is accessible at any stage of the “help seeking process”.
All our services are available to young people under a “stepped care” approach, allowing individual care plans to be developed in response to needs from mild to complex.
We believe this approach continues to see headspace Southport leading the way in providing innovative programs in collaboration with partner services for young people and their families on the Gold Coast.
Call us today
Want to know more or make an appointment? Our friendly staff will talk to you about how we can best help out. You can come by yourself, or bring a parent or a friend.
Call headspace Southport on 07 5509 5900 or visit the headspace Southport website.
DO I NEED A REFERRAL?
HOW DO I KNOW IF THIS PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR ME?
IS THERE A COST?
Lives Lived Well acknowledges the peoples of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Australia, and upholds and respects their continuing connection to land, culture and community. We pay our respects to elders past, present and future.